Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to another

  1. #1
    hgopp99
    Guest

    Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to another

    I am using INDEX and MATCH to get data from one worksheet to another. But I
    would like to collect the font color and bold characteristics. How can this
    be done?
    --
    hgopp99

  2. #2

    Re: Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to another

    Not using formulas. They only bring back values.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to another

    Not possible using formulas, I'd suggest copy and paste special as format

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    hgopp99
    Guest

    Re: Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to anoth

    I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. The first worksheet is a
    "master" and is a compilation of the remaining worksheets which are subsets
    of the first. There are cells on different worksheets that are color-coded
    and bolded, etc that I would like to present in the "master". For example,
    if I have a cell in Worksheet3 that is red, I would want it's corresponding
    cell in Worksheet1 to be red. Unfortunately, the cells are not in the same
    position. The cell in Worksheet3 might be in column B and the equivalent
    cell might be in column A in Worksheet1.

    Thanks in advance.
    --
    hgopp99

  5. #5

    Re: Retreiving font when matching data from one worksheet to anoth

    Maybe you can mimic the formatting via Format|conditional formatting???

    But formulas won't return colors.