Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Troy
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting

    In Cell A1 I have the which for example is 1-21-06.
    In Cell B1 I have the Weekday that represents, for this lets say it is
    number 7.
    In Cell C1 through C34 I would like the cell shaded yellow if it is Saturday
    on Cell A1. How do I do this without macros, because I have no idea how to
    create a macro? I have tried in the past but with no luck at all.

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting

    Highlight cells C1-C34 and select Format->Conditional Formating. Select
    Formula Is and in the formula box put this formula exactly

    =WEEKDAY($A$1)=7

    be sure to include both =. Hit the Format button and go to the patterns
    tab. Change the format to a yellow background color. Hit OK. Hit OK.