Shared Workbook Protection

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Shared Workbook Protection

    I need to share a workbook with several people. The workbook will contain one
    worksheet where the user will be able to enter certain information. That
    worksheet will display a result based on several worksheets that I do not
    want these people to see.

    On the sensitive worksheets, I have hidden the columns containing the
    information that I do not want viewed. I have then password protected the
    worksheet. However, by simply copying the worksheet into a new workbook, the
    user can see all of the previously hidden and protected cells.

    Is there a way to really hide information from a user in a shared workbook?
    Also, the sharing of this workbook will not be on a network. I plan to just
    give these people a copy of the workbook.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Shared Workbook Protection

    Nope. There is no effective way to hide information from a user. Passwords to
    protect worksheets are not made to protect intellectual property. They're made
    to stop users from overwriting cells with formulas.