Sorting + Macros

  1. #1

    Sorting + Macros

    Hi,

    Please help me resolve my 2 excel 2003 related queries:

    1) How do you sort by colour ? I have noted seperated info by colour but how can I sort by colour?

    2) Macros - I would like to add a button on the actual spreadsheet which I believe is a macro that:

    a) when i click it sorts by colour

    b) when i click the second button sorts by ref

    Please help?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Sorting + Macros

    x,

    Chip Pearson covers sorting by color here...
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

    David McRitchie covers almost everything you want to know about sorting here...
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

    You can find a review of a commercial Excel add-in that sorts by color here...
    http://www.officeletter.com/blink/specialsort.html

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "xirokx" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    Please help me resolve my 2 excel 2003 related queries:

    1) How do you sort by colour ? I have noted seperated info by colour
    but how can I sort by colour?

    2) Macros - I would like to add a button on the actual spreadsheet
    which I believe is a macro that:

    a) when i click it sorts by colour

    b) when i click the second button sorts by ref

    Please help?
    Thanks in advance
    xirokx