Reiterations / Changes Table Calculations..

  1. #1
    nastech
    Guest

    Reiterations / Changes Table Calculations..

    Looking for tha optimal settings for the following. Do not see a reset.
    Thanks.
    Tools, Options, Calculations:
    - Max. Iterations: ?
    - Max. Changes: ?

    I see the following in Help, but do not know if there are required min/max
    settings, normal settings?

    To set the maximum number of times Microsoft Excel will recalculate, type
    the number of iterations in the Maximum iterations box. The higher the number
    of iterations, the more time Excel needs to calculate a worksheet.

    To set the maximum amount of change you will accept between calculation
    results, type the amount in the Maximum change box. The smaller the number,
    the more accurate the result and the more time Excel needs to calculate a
    worksheet.

  2. #2
    nastech
    Guest

    RE: Reiterations / Changes Table Calculations..

    clarification, having problem with cells updating. don't know if I changed
    any settings, but: non-equation fields, e.g. if 2 columns both have "up",
    then "up" in a 3rd column.

    the 3rd column will not change, unless double-clicking / putting cursor
    inside any one of 3 cells, then 3rd cell changes from "dn" to "up" (where
    columns 1 & 2 already had "up" in them, column 3 should have changed). some
    kind of update problem cannot figure out. thanks.

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Reiterations / Changes Table Calculations..

    Please post your formula, input values, formula result.
    BTW, did you check Tools>Options>Calculation, Automatic?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...