Getting rid of a "Comment" box

  1. #1
    Misha
    Guest

    Getting rid of a "Comment" box

    Hi:

    I have an Excel sheet (2003) in which there is an annoying Comment-like
    box that comes up when you click within a column. I want to get rid of
    it, but I don't even know what it is. It's not part of the coding,
    there are NO macros in this sheet, and nothing hidden that I can find.

    Would appreciate help on knowing 1. what it is; 2. how to get rid of
    it; 3. how to insert it when I want to so I can drive people nuts.

    Thanks!

    Misha

  2. #2
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: Getting rid of a "Comment" box

    Misha,

    It sounds like a Comment to me....

    Is there a little red triangle in the upper-right corner of the cell?
    If so, it's a comment.

    Right-click the cell and select "Delete Comment" from the menu that
    pops up.

  3. #3

    Re: Getting rid of a "Comment" box

    If it's not a comment, it may be a data|validation input message box.

  4. #4
    Misha
    Guest

    Re: Getting rid of a "Comment" box

    Thanks all. It did turn out to be a data validation input box.