vlook up

  1. #1
    arcticale
    Guest

    vlook up

    I want to sort my spreadsheet using the venod me. however not all lines have
    vendor name. Rather, the vendor name is within the text in column a. Usually
    in the middle. Is there a way to do a vlookup and say the vendor name of all
    in column a that contains the word 'elite' is "Elite Services?

    If I do a vlook up, what should be the formula. If it's not possible in
    vlook up, is there anyway i can do this.

    thanks,
    del

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: vlook up

    The Vendor's names can probably be extracted out of your column A using the
    TEXT functions of LEFT, RIGHT, MID, etc.....but the exact method depends
    heavily on what your data looks like. Is there any similarity of the data
    in column A?
    Post a few typical cell values and it will give us a better idea......(use
    phoney names if you wish, but keep the structure the same)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...