Several target cells in the solver

  1. #1
    omathilde
    Guest

    Several target cells in the solver

    Hi

    I m using excel 2003 and I would like to know if it is possible to set
    several target cells to the solver.
    As we have several adjustable cells, is it possible to minimize up to 4
    results for instance ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Several target cells in the solver

    Simultaneously minimize multiple cells? No, not really. After all, what
    would you have Solver do if two cells had their minimum values at two
    different combinations of 'adjustable cells?'

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  3. #3
    David Adamson
    Guest

    Re: Several target cells in the solver

    Best way to make solver do multiple analysis on a worksheet is to use
    coding.

    I use a basic loop function to reset solver each time it runs and then reset
    all the data by code. I have it doing 20 solutions on one page.

    The following link will help you get started for programming the solver
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843304/en-us

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Several target cells in the solver

    Yes, it is possible to use Solver with VBA. But, I am not sure how that
    helps the OP.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions