Can not put date in cell

  1. #1

    Can not put date in cell

    Hi,

    I am trying to transform at lotus-worksheet to excel, simply by opening
    the file in excel and saving as xls (which normally works just fine).

    When I try to enter a date in one of the cells I get the following
    error message:
    "The formula you typed contains an error".

    Anyone know why I get this, and how it can be fixed? I do not enter any
    equal sign or something that should make the cell believe I am trying
    to enter a formula. Using Format-Cells and choosing Date does not help
    either.

    Brgds,

  2. #2

    Re: Can not put date in cell

    You may want to show what you typed.

    And if you have some of the lotus transition settings turned on, that could be a
    problem:

    Tools|Options|transition tab
    uncheck all those lotus options

    and retry your entry.

  3. #3

    Re: Can not put date in cell

    Yes indeed, the transition settings were on and by unchecking them the
    file worked fine.

    Thanks!