How to remove the empty row

  1. #1
    Alan Tang
    Guest

    How to remove the empty row

    Hello:

    After I have paste the cell from another worksheet. I found that it also
    copy with the empty row. Everytime when I press Ctrl-End. It will jump
    into the row that haven't data. How can I remove it so that the Ctrl-End
    will jump to the last row of the data?

    Thansk a lot!

  2. #2

    Re: How to remove the empty row

    Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that used cell:
    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

  3. #3
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Alan Tang wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > After I have paste the cell from another worksheet. I found that it also
    > copy with the empty row. Everytime when I press Ctrl-End. It will jump
    > into the row that haven't data. How can I remove it so that the Ctrl-End
    > will jump to the last row of the data?
    >
    > Thansk a lot!

    Highlight a cell in the empty row.
    Edit - Delete - Rows - Entire Row

    Bill

  4. #4
    Selvarathinam
    Guest

    Re: How to remove the empty row

    > Alan Tang wrote:
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > After I have paste the cell from another worksheet. I found that it also
    > > copy with the empty row. Everytime when I press Ctrl-End. It will jump
    > > into the row that haven't data. How can I remove it so that the Ctrl-End
    > > will jump to the last row of the data?

    Hi Alan,

    Select the entire data & press Ctrl+G or F5 -> Select "Special" -> and
    select "Blanks"

    Then all the blank rows will be selected & delete all the rows.

    Hope it will solve ur problem.

    Cheers,
    Selva

  5. #5
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: How to remove the empty row

    Sometimes that works for me, sometimes not.
    What I finally found is that doing a save-as to itself will fix the file.

  6. #6
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: How to remove the empty row