If I have Word 97 is Excel included with it?

  1. #1
    Kelsey13
    Guest

    If I have Word 97 is Excel included with it?

    Hi,
    I have the Works Suite 99 Disc 1- which contains the following : Microsoft
    Word 97 & Microsoft Works 4.5a as well as Calendar and microsoft graphics and
    Encarta. I also have Dics 4 which has Microsoft Money 99 audio/video Help
    and Microsoft Work ValuPack.
    What I need to know is Microsoft Excel somewhere on either of these disks or
    did it even come with these disks.
    I have Excel Viewer, which is okay, but some of the excel spreadsheets I
    need to work on. Do I or can I purchase excel on its own if it is not on
    either of the disks? Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: If I have Word 97 is Excel included with it?

    No, you don't have Excel, it would seem. It doesn't come with Works. You can
    buy Excel as a standalone:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Office/Exce...y/default.mspx
    Or you could try the free OpenOffice suite, which will allow you to work
    with Excel files, but not those that contain VBA (macros). It's at
    www.openoffice.org
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kelsey13
    Guest

    Re: If I have Word 97 is Excel included with it?

    Thank you, Anne, that is a great help to me, now I know I need to purchase
    it, but to be able to properly view and edited, those without macros. I will
    temporarily use the free download, until I purchase the full edition.
    Thank you for letting me know it can purchased as a standalone.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: If I have Word 97 is Excel included with it?

    You can open Excel files with the spreadsheet component in MS Works. If
    the workbooks you need to edit are one sheet only, and not too complex,
    you may be able to make the changes in MS Works.

    Make a backup copy of the Excel file before you attempt to edit it.

    To open an Excel file, choose File > Open.
    From the Files of type dropdown, choose Excel SS (*.xl*)
    Select a file, and click Open.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish