Conditional Formulae with non-numeric values across two columns

  1. #1
    kbear
    Guest

    Conditional Formulae with non-numeric values across two columns

    I have a spreadsheet in which two columns possess one of four tags for each
    of my program participants. In other words Participant 1 (Row 2) my be an
    in-school (column D) younger youth (col. J) or an out-of-school younger youth
    or an in-school older youth or out-of-school older youth. The In-School or
    Out-of-School values are in one column, while the older/younger youth values
    are in another. I need to create a formula in another worksheet (my monthly
    report) that will automatically count the number of ISYY, OOSYY, ISOY, and
    OOSOY without my having to plug in additional formulae or convert text to
    numbers then sum, etc. I also need to be able to sort these values based
    upon a program entry date and a program exit date (How many past participants
    maintained employment at the 6 month mark? How many ISYY were enrolled in
    January) as well as whether or not certain outcomes have been achieved. I
    bought FileMaker, but I'm totally stumped and our data is already in Excel.
    HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formulae with non-numeric values across two columns

    Hi

    Take a look at Pivot Tables. These will allow you to analyse this type
    of data very easily in a variety of ways.
    For more help on setting up and using Pivot Tables, take a look at

    and Debra Dalgleish's site for a whole range of other topics under Pivot
    Tables
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    kbear
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formulae with non-numeric values across two column

    You are a life saver. Thanks for making time!!

    = )