Form Menu : Check Box

  1. #1

    Form Menu : Check Box

    I am trying to enter 300 or so check boxes onto and Excel spreadsheet.

    I find that I can link the 'return' cell using the right click / Format Control / Control tab / Cell Link option but I need to do this for each box !

    Is there a way around this ? Whereby I can create one Check Box and then drag or copy it down ?

  2. #2

    Re: Form Menu : Check Box

    Maybe you could just use a macro to populate the range you want.

    Option Explicit
    Sub addCBX()
    Dim myCBX As CheckBox
    Dim myCell As Range

    With ActiveSheet
    .CheckBoxes.Delete 'nice for testing
    For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.Range("a1:a50").Cells
    With myCell
    Set myCBX = .Parent.CheckBoxes.Add _
    (Top:=.Top, Width:=.Width, _
    Left:=.Left, Height:=.Height)
    With myCBX
    .LinkedCell = myCell.Address(external:=True)
    .Caption = "" 'or whatever you want
    .Name = "CBX_" & myCell.Address(0, 0)
    End With
    .NumberFormat = ";;;"