10 000 Line, every 2 Lines need a border and a open line inbet. e.

  1. #1
    annalie
    Guest

    10 000 Line, every 2 Lines need a border and a open line inbet. e.

    I have huge spreadsheet with 10 000 lines. Every 2 line needs to be boxed. i
    dont want to go line by line to box. How do i do this

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: 10 000 Line, every 2 Lines need a border and a open line inbet. e.

    Assuming your pairs of lines are all formatted the same initially, this is
    easy enough.
    Format your first pair of lines as required. Select both lines and copy.
    Select the remaining lines and Paste Special>Formats.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: 10 000 Line, every 2 Lines need a border and a open line inbet. e.

    This might be close to what you want. This will apply a border to every
    second line from column A to Column I (change the 1 and 9 to the appropriate
    columns you want). If you want to box every 3rd line (rows 3,6,9,12, etc.),
    change the 2 to 3.

    Highlight the whole spreadsheet. Select Conditional Formating by clicking
    on Format->Conditional Formating. Select "formula is" and input this
    formula...
    =(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()=1)
    Click on format and select the border tab. Select the left, top, and bottom
    lines. Ckick okay. Click Add and input this formula in Condition 2
    =(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()=9)
    Select the right, top and bottom lines. Input this formula in Condition 3
    =(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()<=9)
    Select the top and bottom lines.