How do I make email addresses in a column of cells active links?

  1. #1
    Jerimoth
    Guest

    How do I make email addresses in a column of cells active links?

    I have a column of email addresses, but they are static. How do I turn them
    into active cells that when clicked take me to a new email message in Outlook?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How do I make email addresses in a column of cells active links?

    Try this macro:

    Sub email()
    Dim r As Range
    For Each r In Selection
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=r, _
    Address:="mailto:" & r.Value, TextToDisplay:=r.Value
    Next
    End Sub

    Just select the cells you want to convert and run the macro.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I make email addresses in a column of cells active links?

    Hi

    Mark the range of cells with the email addresses.
    Edit>Paste as Hyperlink

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: How do I make email addresses in a column of cells active links?

    How about using another column:

    =hyperlink("mailto:" & a1,a1)

    and drag down.