Separate characters in a string

  1. #1

    Question Separate characters in a string

    Hi,

    I would like to convert this string ---> FastEthernet0/1/0 to FastEthernet 0 1 0

    Can anybody suggest a formula to do this?

    Any help will be appreciated

  2. #2
    Pogue
    Guest

    RE: Separate characters in a string

    We'll try the easiest first...if it is always going to be FastEthernet0/1/0
    replaced with FastEthernet 0 1 0 then I would simply hit Cntrl H
    (Find/Replace) and type the two variables in.

    If this was just an example and the variables will change then I'd have to
    think about it...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by viadisky
    Hi,

    I would like to convert this string ---> FastEthernet0/1/0 to FastEthernet 0 1 0

    Can anybody suggest a formula to do this?

    Any help will be appreciated
    =LEFT(A1,12)&" "&MID(A1,13,1)&" "&MID(A1,15,1)&" "&RIGHT(A1,1)

    where A1 contains "FastEthernet0/1/0"

    PERSONAL NOTE: I believe it is easier and faster to manually write/type

    "FastEthernet 0 1 0"

    than go through making out a formula.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop