formatting issue?

  1. #1
    chip_pyp
    Guest

    formatting issue?

    I have a information saved as a text file in notepad....there are three
    columns, obviously not formated that way, but spaced evenly. is it possible
    to paste it into excel and have it seperated into columns? when i paste it in
    there now the text for an entire line goes in one cell. i need it seperated
    into 3 cells.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: formatting issue?

    Try opening the file from Excel instead. The import text wizard should kick
    in.
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    dlw
    Guest

    RE: formatting issue?

    do a File/Open / change "files of type" to text, and pick fixed width

  4. #4
    chip_pyp
    Guest

    Re: formatting issue?

    Thank you...this worked wonderfully for what i was trying to do

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: formatting issue?