How can I fill in the required fields on my spreadsheet?

  1. #1
    gemms
    Guest

    How can I fill in the required fields on my spreadsheet?

    having trouble filling in a spreadsheet sent to me by email.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How can I fill in the required fields on my spreadsheet?

    In answer to the part on the subject line:
    With your mouse and keyboard

    In answer to the part in the text body of your posting
    Please describe the problem
    How do you know you have a problem, describe it to us
    What is the file extension on the file
    What version of Excel do you have, what version created the file.
    What messages do you get
    Did you ask the person who sent you the spreadsheet, they could
    probably help you more than we can.

    If you don't know the person who sent you the spreadsheet or
    don't know why you got it -- you should probably not touch it.
    There is no anti-virus program that is going to be up to date or
    be able to catch everything. .

    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3

    The sheet may be protected

    It is possible that the sheet you are trying to modify is protected. Try clicking Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet from the main menu bar. this should allow you to enter data into the cells unless a password is required. If the action of 'unprotecting sheet' requires a password, you must enter it. If you do not know the password, you are out of luck.