Date Format - April error

  1. #1
    Zane Lassiter
    Guest

    Date Format - April error

    My date cell has format (type) '14-Mar-2001' from Excel's Date format
    options. I enter 4/16/05 in that cell and hit Enter. Excel generates
    '16-Abr-2005' where, of course, April is misspelled. I'm not able to edit to
    change 'Abr' to 'Apr' since it's a date field. How can I recover from this
    grevious error?
    --
    Zane Lassiter
    Haiku Master

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Date Format - April error

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 06:06:35 -0800, "Zane Lassiter"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My date cell has format (type) '14-Mar-2001' from Excel's Date format
    >options. I enter 4/16/05 in that cell and hit Enter. Excel generates
    >'16-Abr-2005' where, of course, April is misspelled. I'm not able to edit to
    >change 'Abr' to 'Apr' since it's a date field. How can I recover from this
    >grevious error?

    I would suspect that either your format language, or your regional settings,
    are set to a language that abbreviates April as Abr. I know Portugese will do
    that, and I suspect there are a number of other languages in the same boat.

    Ensure your locale in the formatting dialog is set to a location that
    abbreviates April Apr, and you should be OK.
    --ron