Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

  1. #1
    mems555
    Guest

    Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    How can i draw a gragh from data that is in the following format

    LOAD 1
    Displacement 0.001
    LOAD 5
    Displacement 0.012
    LOAD 7
    Displacement 0.015
    etc
    etc
    etc

  2. #2
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    You should break column B:B in two columns, by alternate rows, in order
    to base a x-y scatter chart on them. Assuming your data start in B1.
    Assuming your 2-column breakdown table starts in C2.

    In C2:
    =OFFSET($B$1, 2*(ROW()-ROW($C$2)), 0)
    In D2:
    =OFFSET($B$1, 2*(ROW()-ROW($C$2))+1, 0)

    HTH
    Kostis Vezerides

  3. #3
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    RE: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    How about *1000
    A B C
    LOAD 1 =B1*1000
    Displacement 0.001 =B2*1000
    Then you can chart it so it is visible

  4. #4
    Evan
    Guest

    RE: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    Sorting with key = the load-displacement column lets you seprate loads and
    displs - you can grab one block and move it next to the other. You may need
    to start with an index column with entries = row number. That will always
    allow you to recover the original order and correspondence.
    Evan Weiner Richland WA

  5. #5
    Evan
    Guest

    RE: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    Another possibility - use the OFFSET function with a row offset of 2*ROW()-n.
    Here n depends on which varible you want and were your data is.

  6. #6
    mems555
    Guest

    Re: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    I am close to getting it now, but cant quite get it right. Let me show you a
    bit clearer what i am trying to do.

    Load, 0.001
    Displ1, 0.009
    Displ2, 0.006

    Load, 0.005
    Displ1, 0.016
    Displ2, 0.011
    Etc
    Etc

    How would i need to change the formula you gave me earlier 'vezerid'?

  7. #7
    vezerid
    Guest

    Re: Drawing a graph from a large volume of unusual data

    So if I understand you correctly you want to plot one indepedent and 2
    dependent variables? Then your data will be every 3 rows? If so, adapt
    the previous formulae as follows:

    In C2:
    =OFFSET($B$1, 3*(ROW()-ROW($C$2)), 0)
    In D2: