data validation- Does this require coding a macro from scratch?

  1. #1
    sherwinb
    Guest

    data validation- Does this require coding a macro from scratch?

    I'm trying to use data validation on 3 columns in Excel. The first column
    will contain a normal validation drop down list from a named range. The 2nd
    column will contain a differnt validation drop down list, the contents of
    which are based on the selection made in the first column. The contents of
    the 3rd validation drop down list is based on the selection made in the 2nd
    column.

    Does this require coding a macro from scratch or is there already one out
    there that could be used as a template? (I can't write macros or VB).

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    re: data validation- Does this require coding a macro from scratch?

    You can create dependent data validation lists, that don't require
    programming. There are instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List