Check Mark

  1. #1
    Anthony Viscomi
    Guest

    Check Mark

    I would like to place a "check mark" in a cell, but I'm not sure how to
    accomplish this. Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance!
    Anthony

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Check Mark

    Set the cell's font to Marlett, then use the character a.

    Bob Phillips

    news:%23dyXX%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anthony Viscomi
    Guest

    Re: Check Mark

    Actually, I was looking to place a "check box" within a cell. Is this
    possible?

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Check Mark

    Checkboxes are separate to a cell, being objects just as the sheet is an
    object. They can be linked to cells, and they can be aligned somewhat to
    cells. Try using the cells on the Forms toolbar.

    Bob Phillips

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Anthony Viscomi
    Guest

    Re: Check Mark

    Works great, Thanks!

  6. #6
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Check Mark

    Hi Anthony

    The following code will place a series of checkboxes alongside values in
    another column, in Column G in this example.

    Sub CreateCheckBoxes()
    On Error Resume Next
    Dim c As Range, myRange As Range, lastcell As Long
    If Application.ScreenUpdating = True Then Application.ScreenUpdating
    = False
    lastcell = Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
    Set myRange = Range("G1:G" & lastcell)
    For Each c In myRange.Cells
    ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(c.Left, c.Top, c.Width,
    c.Height).Select
    With Selection
    .LinkedCell = c.Address
    .Characters.Text = ""
    .Name = "Check" & c.Address
    .Display3DShading = True
    End With
    Next
    myRange.Select
    Selection.ColumnWidth = 2.15
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    After ticking, just check whether value of cell in G is TRUE or FALSE

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  7. #7
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Check Mark

    I don't think you can place a check box in a cell, but you can turn a cell
    into a checkbox with this macro I found from another post.

    Application.EnableEvents = False
    On Error GoTo sub_exit
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
    With Target
    If .Value = "ü" Then
    .Value = ""
    Else
    .Value = "ü"
    .Font.Name = "Wingdings"
    End If
    End With
    End If
    sub_exit:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

  8. #8
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Check Mark

    This code will make a cell into a checkbox.