Number of tasks completed in a specific time frame

  1. #1
    Robert
    Guest

    Number of tasks completed in a specific time frame

    I have a list of employees in column A. Their name may appear multiple times
    within that column. In column B I have a list of times they completed a task
    in the format mm/dd/yy hr:min (but all on the same date). I have a finite
    list of all the employess (rows) and all the hours of the day (columns) in a
    grid format. I need to create a formula that will tell me for each hour of
    the day, how many tasks were completed by each employee. Is this possible?
    --
    Robert

  2. #2
    BekkiM
    Guest

    RE: Number of tasks completed in a specific time frame

    In column C, add the following formula:

    =HOUR(B1)

    Then, add a Pivot Table (see
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm) where the employee names
    are in the "row" section, the hours of the day are in the "column" section,
    and you count instances of each hour in the body of the table.

  3. #3
    Robert
    Guest

    RE: Number of tasks completed in a specific time frame

    Unfortunately I can not access that site due to company security. But thank
    you for trying to help.
    --
    Robert