How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

  1. #1
    Steve R
    Guest

    How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

    I need to calculate the number of calander days from one date to another.
    For example: if the start date is January 1, 2006 and the end date is January
    2, 2006, I need the answer to be 2. When I subtract January 1 from January 2
    I get an answer of 1. Please help.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

    Well if that is your definition of difference, just add 1 to the difference.
    So if two dates are equal the difference is 1?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

    Just add 1.

    =B1-A1+1

    --
    HTH,

    RD

  4. #4
    Jonathan Cooper
    Guest

    RE: How do I count the number of days from 1 date to another?

    Your right on track. It is as simple as it appears, but you want something
    different than your asking for.

    1/2/2006 and 1/1/2006 are only one day different, so the answer is 1. Just
    add 1 to the end of your formula to, in effect, calculate the days between
    12/31/2005 and 1/2/2006.

    i.e.,

    not =a2-b2

    instead =A2-(B2-1)