Excel process

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Excel process

    I have a spreadsheet process that reorganizes a spreadsheet by irst saving
    the contents to a .csv file, processing the file in a Visual Basic program,
    creating another .csv file and then displaying the file again in Excel.
    Can't I just perform the process within Excel?

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Excel process

    Yes, of course you could - it depends what you mean by "re-organising"
    the file. Can you give us some further details of what this process
    entails?

    Pete

  3. #3
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Excel process

    The process is similar to matrix transformation being applied to a
    classification table where the top row contains the names of the
    characteristics, the left most column contains the names of the elements and
    the body of the spreadsheet the states of the characteristics as they relate
    each characteristic to each element. The process reorganizes the spreadsheet
    (primarily the columns) so that the order of characteristics is such that
    the elements can be identified by responding to the least number of required
    queries (answering which state each characteristic has in the order of the
    reorganised characteristics) going from left to right.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bill
    Guest

    Re: Excel process

    Having studied the Excel help file on using VBA it is now clear that my
    project can be transferred to Excel as an Excel macro. Thanks.