sumif problem

  1. #1
    puiuluipui
    Guest

    sumif problem

    i need to make this work =sum(c4*d4), but i have some cells that does not
    contain anything and the result looks like that #VALUE!

    1 c d e(sum)
    2
    3 3 5 15
    4 2 #VALUE!

    I don't want anything to apear in e4, or in the worst case i want 0 to apear
    in this cell.
    Anyone can help me? Thanks

  2. #2
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: sumif problem

    Try this,

    =IF(D4="","",C4*D4)

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: sumif problem

    I'm not sure where the SUMIF come in, but from what you posted, try something
    like this:

    For values in C1 and D1
    E1: =C1*D1

    Or to NOT display zero values
    E1: =IF(COUNT(C1:D1)=2,C1*D1,"")

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  4. #4
    puiuluipui
    Guest

    RE: sumif problem

    Thanks! works great...Thanks again!

  5. #5
    puiuluipui
    Guest

    Re: sumif problem

    Thank you! it really works! Thanks

  6. #6
    puiuluipui
    Guest

    RE: sumif problem

    I have one more problem...I use this vlookup formula in B cells
    =IF(A2<>"",VLOOKUP($A2,$J$1:K51,2,FALSE),"") to extract some prices...

    A B
    1 01254 #N/A
    2 total i.s. 12 3.65
    3 total i.s. 15 2.86
    4 02458 #N/A

    I don't want to see #N/A ....I don't want anything to apear in B1, B4....
    How can i do this??

    Thanks again! My best regards
    puiuluipui

  7. #7
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: sumif problem

    The #NA means the value you are trying to lookup is not found in the
    table you search in.
    That could have two reasons:

    1. it's not there, what do you then want to do about this?
    2. you are looking in the wrong range because the K51 in your formula
    is expanding the range down as you copy the formula down (or right if
    you copy to the right)

    Is your formula above taken from B1?
    Do you really have "total i.s. 12" as a search criterion in your
    pricing table?

    To intercept the #NA message change your formula to:

    =IF(A2<>"",If(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A2,$J$1:K51,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A2,$J$1:K51,2,FALSE)),"")

    Hans