Import And Resize Images

  1. #1

    Import And Resize Images

    How can i import and resize an image that is stored on my harddrive, into an excel spreadsheet. I want the user to be able to select the image name from a drop down box, and then press an import button. When this is pressed, the image will be imported into the spreadsheet and a user form will appear asking the user to enter new attributes, i.e. width and height. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Please help!

  3. #3
    anyone?...

  4. #4
    *bump*.......

  5. #5

    Re: Import And Resize Images

    You could build a userform and get all that information, but why not let the
    user resize the image after it's imported. As a user I would find it much
    easier to grab a corner of a picture and resize to what I want than to have to
    type in numbers that may not mean too much to me.

    And as a personal preference, I think I would rather have users clicking on
    Insert|Picture than running a specific macro that accomplishes the same thing.

    But if you want, this might be enough of a macro to insert the picture--no
    userform, though:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show
    End Sub

  6. #6
    YesPee
    Guest

    Re: Import And Resize Images

    Hi,
    Double click on your imported picture in your excel spread sheet, the
    format
    Picture dialog box will be show, then switch over to "size" option,
    modify the size as per you want....

    Prabhakaran SP
    For more details mail me
    sp_prabhakaran(at)yahoo.com

    --
    YesPee
    YesPee's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m898

  7. #7
    YesPee
    Guest

    Re: Import And Resize Images

    Hi,

    Double click on your imported picture in your excel spread sheet, the
    format
    Picture dialog box will be show, then switch ober "size" option, enter
    the your size as per you want....

    Prabhakaran SP
    sp_prabhakaran(at)yahoo.com