Multiple fill color buttons

  1. #1
    susielotus
    Guest

    Multiple fill color buttons

    Can i have multiple fill color buttons in my toolbar and have them all have
    their own different colors so i can change different cells to different
    colors easier

  2. #2

    Re: Multiple fill color buttons

    I just created a temporary toolbar with a few font icons and when I used one
    button, they all changed to that same color.

    But there might be another option. In xl2003 (and xl2002 and maybe
    earlier????), you can click on that little dropdown on the font icon.

    When the 40 colors and Automatic dropdown is displayed, you'll see a little
    "embossed" like area at the top of that dropdown.

    You can click and drag that off the button--they you can place that "tear-off"
    anywhere you want it and it'll be just another floating toolbar.

    If you're using a version of excel that doesn't have this feature, maybe you
    could just create a toolbar:

    tools|customize|toolbars tab|new
    Then on the Commands tab|format category, you can drag the font (and maybe fill)
    icons to this new toolbar.

    Let it float over the worksheet close to where you need it.