Multiply columns and sum row?

  1. #1

    Multiply columns and sum row?

    OK
    I have a list of items starting in A1 down to A?, I have the associated costs of those items in Column B1 down to B?, and the quantity of those items ordered starting in C1 down to C?. What I need is a formula that will tell me the total cost of what that client ordered?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Where are you identifying your clients? Are they combined or in separate sheets? If each range is for one individual client then just have column d multiply your Quantity times the cost for each item and sum column d where you want the total to be.

    Steve

  3. #3
    baltobernie
    Guest

    Re: Multiply columns and sum row?

    Create column D1 to D?
    Create formula in D1
    =PRODUCT(A1,B1)
    Copy formula in cells D2 to D?
    In cell below D? Click AutoSum on the Standard toolbar, and then press
    ENTER.

    baltobernie
    (now will someone please answer My question?)

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    baltobernie
    Guest

    Re: Multiply columns and sum row?

    Correction:

    formula in D1
    =PRODUCT(B1,C1)
    etc.

  5. #5

    Response

    Thanks for the help. But Im trying to avoid a Column D multiplier. I would like, if its possible to do the multiplication and the summing all in one cell. The reason for this is if I make a column D than I will have to manually select the area I want to print out othere wise Excell will print a bunch of pages I dont need (column D). I was hoping there was a way to use the product command along with a sum command and do both in one cell.

    Thanks for all your help

  6. #6
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    Try Sumproduct, e.g.

    in C?+1 =SUMPRODUCT(B1:B?,C1:C?)

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  7. #7
    That is excatly what I needed, this Forum always pulls through for me.

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for the feedback, it is always appreciated.

    Cheers!