Autofilter counting sorted items

  1. #1
    leo
    Guest

    Autofilter counting sorted items

    I have an xlss 4000 lines deep and 20 columns wide. Sometimes when I use the
    autofilter and do a select it counts the number of selected rows on the
    bottom left of the screeen. Sometimes it doesn't. How do I turn that counter
    on and off?

  2. #2

    Re: Autofilter counting sorted items

    I don't think you can control it. You're at the whim of the xl gods, er,
    developers!

    But you can work around it:
    http://contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count
    from Debra Dalgleish's site.

  3. #3
    leo
    Guest

    Re: Autofilter counting sorted items

    wow, I thought it might have something to do with the file size, excel
    version or number of sorts. Pretty incredible.

    thx for the answer