Excel Search function

  1. #1
    dm2504
    Guest

    Excel Search function

    I have a text string that I want to search to find a particular sub-string
    and I am using the SEARCH function. If the result fails to find it, the
    result is the #VALUE!. Is there a way to display a zero (0) instead - I would
    like to manipulate the result.
    Thanks.
    --
    David

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Excel Search function

    use isserr
    =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("ccc",G8)),"",SEARCH("ccc",G8))
    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Excel Search function

    For clarity
    to show a zero it would be modified to

    =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("ccc",G8)),0,SEARCH("ccc",G8))

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...