total work hours for 24 hour on-call schedules

  1. #1
    Kate
    Guest

    total work hours for 24 hour on-call schedules

    I am trying to create a time sheet for hospital residents who are sometimes
    on call for 24 hours. If they enter 07:00 as their start time, and 07:02 for
    their end time, I get a total of 2 minutes worked, when in reality they have
    worked 24 hours and 2 minutes. How do I create a formula to correct this?

    Thank you,
    Kate

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: total work hours for 24 hour on-call schedules

    If you want to exceed 24 hours you need to use both the date and the time in
    start and end times

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...