allow text to overflow into the next cell?

  1. #1
    gbwoodman
    Guest

    allow text to overflow into the next cell?

    In some forms that I created in Excel, whatever I type flows into the
    adjoining cells. Other times, they are hidden by the next cell. I've tried
    formatting both the tect cell and the adjoining cells. Also deleting
    everything from the adjoining cell. Nothing seems to work. PLease help!

  2. #2

    Re: allow text to overflow into the next cell?

    If there's something in that adjacent cell to the right (even a space character
    or an apostrophe), then the cell's text will never overflow to that adjacent
    cell.

    If the cell is a number, then it won't overflow.

    If you have wrap text turned on (format|Cells|alignment tab), then it'll never
    overflow to the right.