Count

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    Count

    I have a list of suppliers with dollar amounts across from them in a
    different cell. I want to be able to total up the amount per supplier. Can
    you count the dollar amount by supplier?

    Thank You For Your Help,

    Kevin

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    Yes have alook at the sumif function

    sumif(supplier range,criteria,dollar range)

    If the data was in the range a1:b40

    sumif(a$1:a4$0,"supplier1",b$1:b$40)

    Regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Count

    If the names are in column A and amounts in B, the total is
    =sumif(A:A,"Supplier X",B:B).
    You might also consider a Pivot Table; drop the suppliers into the Rows
    field and amounts in the data field.
    --Bruce