Could you recommend an Excel book?

  1. #1
    Evgeny
    Guest

    Could you recommend an Excel book?

    Could somebody recommend me a book with some advanced Excel functions. I
    don't need a book for beginners and I don't need a book that repeats simple
    functions discribed in free Excel help menu.
    e.g. I found this formula recently
    "=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100=1),--(F1:F100="Done"))" and I wish I found it a
    couple of months ago. I knew the "sumproduct" formula, but I did not know
    that it could be used this way (I still don't know what "--" means).
    So, maybe somebody knows a book about Excel with interesting problems and
    advanced ways to solve them.

    Thank you,

    Evgeny

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Could you recommend an Excel book?

    Hi!

    Here's a good list of books:

    http://contextures.com/xlbooks.html

    And this explains the "--":

    http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

    And this is a very good explanation of Sumproduct:

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...