Percentages in Excel

  1. #1
    Karl
    Guest

    Percentages in Excel

    Hi,

    I'm testing a lot of PCs and I need to work out the score of each machine as
    a percentage of the benchmark system's score.

    I want to enter the number of seconds it took a PC to perform a task into an
    excel cell, I then want excel to tell me what percentage of the original
    system's score this time represents.

    Can anyone tell me what formula I need to use?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Karl

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Percentages in Excel

    =this_machine/original_system_score

    and format that resultant cell as percentage.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Percentages in Excel

    With the benchmark in A1 and your score in B1, enter this formula in C1:

    =B1/A1

    and format as percentage

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  4. #4
    Karl
    Guest

    Re: Percentages in Excel

    Thanks bob, but what does "this_machine" stand for?

    What should I put in that part of the formula?

  5. #5
    Karl
    Guest

    Re: Percentages in Excel

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Percentages in Excel

    The timing of the machine whose rating you want a percentage of the
    original. You would normally put that value in a cell, and use the cell
    reference.