automatic links to other workbooks

  1. #1
    Junkman
    Guest

    automatic links to other workbooks

    When I receive a excel workbook made by someone else and go to open it, a
    yellow box appears that reads" There are automatic links to another workbook.
    "Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to other work book?"
    one then clicks "yes" or "no"
    These are very big workbooks and I want to be able to find what cells have
    the formula to look up inofrmation form another file. Although I can click
    and read every cell that contains information (1000's of them) there must be
    a much easier way. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: automatic links to other workbooks

    When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

  3. #3
    Junkman
    Guest