In excel,how do I change the date to a date 84 days from previous

  1. #1
    Alister Edmond
    Guest

    In excel,how do I change the date to a date 84 days from previous

    I would like to set up a spreadsheet, in order to monitor when someone is due
    a repeat order.The orders are due every 84 days I would be grateful for any
    advice.
    I will be using excel 2003.

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: In excel,how do I change the date to a date 84 days from previous

    On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 05:56:13 -0800, "Alister Edmond" <Alister
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >I would like to set up a spreadsheet, in order to monitor when someone is due
    >a repeat order.The orders are due every 84 days I would be grateful for any
    >advice.
    >I will be using excel 2003.

    Days are stored as serial numbers, with 1 = 1 Jan 1900 (or 2 Jan 1904 depending
    on date system being used)

    So to change the date by 84 days, merely add or subtract 84 from your date:

    e.g. Date in A1

    =A1+84

    Format as date.

    --ron

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: In excel,how do I change the date to a date 84 days from previous

    With the previous date in A1:

    =A1-84

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: In excel,how do I change the date to a date 84 days from previous

    Of course Ron is right: it is PLUS 84

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten