Pulling Lists of Data with an Excel Formula

  1. #1

    Pulling Lists of Data with an Excel Formula

    I am trying to build a worksheet that will look to an identifier and
    return a list of line items that match this identifier.

    For example, I have two worksheets. One is a data table and the other
    is a form that looks to the table. In the table I have a 500 rows of
    data and each row has the label of either red or blue. On the form
    worksheet, I would like to type the word red and see the set of rows
    from the data table worksheet that has that label.

    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Pulling Lists of Data with an Excel Formula

    You can't do that with a formula. You can use Data - Filter - AutoFilter
    and see the rows. Only the rows that match the criteria will be visible.
    To get what you want you need VBA. Post back if you need more. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...