I want to split a cell diagnally and put a number on both sides.

  1. #1
    JPreeshl
    Guest

    I want to split a cell diagnally and put a number on both sides.

    I am doing a golf handicap spreadsheet. I need to split some cells diagnally
    according to their handicap so I can put their gross score in the upper left
    half and their net score in the lower right half. Example: If a guy has a 8
    handicap the spreadsheet needs to go to the 8 highest handicap holes and
    divide those cells diagnally so I can type in his gross & net score in the
    same cell. I have the handicap number of the holes across the top of my
    spreadsheet. I would really like a formula that would insert that diagnal
    line automaticaly after I put in their handicap. Any thoughts?
    Jeff

  2. #2

    Re: I want to split a cell diagnally and put a number on both sides.

    You could fiddle around with a diagonal border (via format|cells|border tab) and
    then typing one value, alt-enter (to force a new line in the cell) and the
    second value.

    And then add some space characters to make things line up nicely.

    But I wouldn't do this. It makes anything you want to do with that data much,
    much more difficult.

    Just use a couple of columns and make your life a lot easier.