randbetween function

  1. #1
    Northern CA

    randbetween function

    Hello, I have several files which use the randbetween function. I just got a new machine and therefore a new install of the MS office applications and excel doesn't seem to recognize the randbetween function at all. I have the macros set to low and I have the add-ins installed. Is this an obsolete function or something? I searched the help for an alternative and it still has randbetween in there...
    Help would be greatly appreciated,
    Tracey

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: randbetween function

    This is an Analysis Toolpak function.
    Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    "Tracey" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Northern CA

    ATP IS installed and still doesn't work

    The ATP is already installed, sorry that's what I meant when I said add-ins are installed. That is why I am perplexed about this...randbetween should work with once the ATP is installed and I've rebooted too.
    Anyone???

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: randbetween function

    So what's your formula and what result do you get?

  5. #5
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Randbetween is certainly not an obsolete function, I'm using it in Excel 2003.

    Can you use any other Analysis ToolPak functions,

    ISEVEN
    EDATE
    etc.?

    Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

    If you can't get it to work you can always use RAND() to replicate RANDBETWEEN, e.g.

    =RANDBETWEEN(1,10) is the same as

    =INT(RAND()*10)+1

  6. #6
    Jay Somerset
    Guest

    Re: randbetween function

    On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:34:21 -0600, Tracey
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hello, I have several files which use the randbetween function. I just
    > got a new machine and therefore a new install of the MS office
    > applications and excel doesn't seem to recognize the randbetween
    > function at all. I have the macros set to low and I have the add-ins
    > installed. Is this an obsolete function or something? I searched the
    > help for an alternative and it still has randbetween in there...
    > Help would be greatly appreciated,
    > Tracey

    RANDBETWEEN requires that the Analysis Toolpack addin be available. Go to
    Tools|Addins and check its box.

    --
    Jay.
    (remove dashes for legal email address)