CTRL+D

  1. #1
    CMIConnie
    Guest

    CTRL+D

    Can anyone please tell me what CTRL+D does in Excel 2000? I frequently use
    CTRL+F for the find function, but sometimes accidentally hid D and the hour
    glass comes up and I eventually have to force Excel to close and I loose all
    my changes. Ugh!!! Thank you anyone

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: CTRL+D

    Fill Down (from the Edit>Fill menu)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: CTRL+D

    Ctrl + D means "fill down". Excel is apparently expecting to find something
    in the cell and fill it down the column.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    Ctrl+d

    enter anything in.. say A1..!

    now select a1:a10 or extend upto your wish!

    now enter "ctrl+d"

    you selection will be filled up with what you have typed in a1! that's all!

    -via135

    Quote Originally Posted by CMIConnie

  5. #5
    CMIConnie
    Guest

    RE: CTRL+D

    Thank you!

  6. #6
    CMIConnie
    Guest

    Re: CTRL+D

    Thank you!

  7. #7
    Dominic
    Guest

    RE: CTRL+D

    Connie,

    As many have stated, Ctrl+d executes the "fill down" function.

    Why this causes your machine to lock-up I don't know.

    Since this happens more often than you'd like, you can record a macro (to do
    nothing) and assign it the key combination, Ctrl+d, overriding the fill down
    command. That way, you won't risk freezing Excel.

    Of course, you won't have a short cut to fill down anymore... :-)