Pivot table experts: using sums instead of counts in repeated columns

  1. #1
    Hall
    Guest

    Pivot table experts: using sums instead of counts in repeated columns

    Pivot table experts, I can't seem to make this work.

    First field is dragged to "row fields" and correctly becomes my first
    column.

    Second and subsequent fields are the same kind of field and are supposed to
    be the data for each row. So I drag the second field to "data items" and
    get a column but the data is a Count. So I click on Data and choose Sum.
    The data turns to Sums. Great.

    Then I drag the third field to "data items" and it stacks the second and
    third fields. So I dragged Data to "column fields" and now correctly have
    second and third fields as distinct columns. But that third field is using
    Count instead of Sum. That's wrong.

    I tried clicking on Data again and nothing happens.

    Why is that? How do I specify using the Sum function for all these columns?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table experts: using sums instead of counts in repeatedcolumns

    Right-click in a cell in the column that you want to change
    Choose Field Settings
    From the Summarize By list, select Sum, then click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish