Delete Buttons

  1. #1
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Delete Buttons

    Is there some automated way to delete buttons from a sheet? Due to some
    "clever" copying on my part from sheet to sheet, and the magic of powers of two,
    I find that I have buttons replicated hundreds deep on sheets. (2 deep on one
    sheet, 4 on the next, then 8, 16, 32, etc.) One right over top of the other so
    it wasn't visible until I began to get strange performance problems.

    Right clicking them and hitting "cut" to remove them is a most cumbersome task
    given how many there are stacked on top of each other.

    Thanks.

    Bill

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Delete Buttons

    Maybe this will work for you:

    Select one of the sheets
    Edit>Go to>Click the [Special...] button
    Check: Objects
    Click the [OK] button

    That should select ALL of the objects on that sheet

    If you want to keep one of them...
    Hold down the [Ctrl] key and click on any one of the buttons to de-select it.
    If there are other objects you want to retain, de-select them too.
    Then press the [Delete] key to remove the rest.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: Delete Buttons

    That looks like it will do the trick. Thanks Ron.

    Bill