Urgent .... How to split cells in Excel... Working with Tables and Cells at a time

  1. #1
    Vanga Sasidhar
    Guest

    Urgent .... How to split cells in Excel... Working with Tables and Cells at a time

    Hi,

    This is Sasidhar..

    While working with Excel I got a problem.

    I have to prepare a document with 20 pages. It has a general format of 4
    columns. first one is for serial number, second one is for description, 3 rd
    and 4 th is for enterring some values. These four coulmns have unequal
    widths.

    While using this type of format, in some pages i have to add tables with
    different columns and row settings. It should contain around 7 columns and 8
    rows. How can i do this?

    As i have already prepared my document to have only 4 columns with
    unequal widths, now how can i have a table of 7 columns whenever i need?
    That too, this table should not exceed the prespecified 4 columns. I want to
    use some calculations in this table.

    Please let me know how can i do this.

    With Regards,
    Vanga Sasidhar.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Urgent .... How to split cells in Excel... Working with Tables and Cells at a time

    Vanga Sasidhar,

    You can't put 10 lbs into a 5 lb bag.

    You could however, set up your 7 column tables on another sheet
    and copy each table and paste-link it into your master table
    as a picture. You could then adjust the picture size to fit.
    Any changes you make to the tables would be shown in the pasted picture.

    You can access the paste copy as a linked picture feature by
    holding down the Shift key while clicking the Edit menu.
    (after copying a table)

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA