Empty cells

  1. #1
    Khalil Handal
    Guest

    Empty cells

    Hi to all,
    I have 12 sheets for 12 months for daily expenses ,152 rows for each month.
    Column A for date, column B for details, column C for amount
    First amount is in line 7
    Last amount is in line 159
    Line 160 has the: SUM(C7:C159)
    Each month I use different number of lines (January last line is 100,
    February last line is 130)

    I want to print these details with the Total in line 160 with out having all
    the empty line printed.
    Is there a way to find the first empty cell in column B and omit these lines
    until we reach line 159?
    Example:
    January last line is 100.
    In the printing I need to print range A1:E100 and range A160:E160

    Any help is really appreciated

    Khalil

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Empty cells

    I often suggest placing your totals row at the top instead of at the bottom.
    For instance, place your totals in row 1 or 2... then your formula can be
    SUM(C8:C65536), and you never need worry about how many rows you use.

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Khalil Handal
    Guest

    Re: Empty cells

    It is a good idea, I havn't thought of it.
    What I am interested is when PRINTING it that the totals comes at the end.

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Empty cells

    I agree with Anne - it is better to put your totals at the top of the
    sheet. However, it is more "natural" to see the totals at the bottom of
    a column, so another way to do what you want is to apply a filter to a
    column (for example column C), and choose Custom | Does Not Equal and 0
    (zero) for the value. Any rows with unused cells in column C will then
    be hidden by the filter. You may want to highlight C6:C159 and then do
    Data | Filter | Autofilter (on) so that your first 6 rows are not
    hidden by the filter.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete