line break / hard return?

  1. #1
    jd
    Guest

    line break / hard return?

    How do I make a line break / hard return in a cell that contains only text?
    For example, in MS Frontpage you hold down the ctl key and hit return.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: line break / hard return?

    jd, use Alt+enter

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: line break / hard return?

    Use ALT+ENTER.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  4. #4
    jd
    Guest

    Re: line break / hard return?

    D'oh! Thanks guys. I use Excel maybe 1-2x a year and have never mastered all
    the features- even the "simple" ones. I appreciate the replies.

    news:[email protected]...