Copy and Paste in Excel

  1. #1
    SFOLEY
    Guest

    Copy and Paste in Excel

    All of a sudden I can't copy rows of cells and paste them into another excel
    file....why is this? I've been copying rows and then opening up another excel
    file, clicking on the first cell and pasting.....worked fine all day and now
    it will not let me.....any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!

    Thanks

    Stephen

  2. #2

    Re: Copy and Paste in Excel

    What happens when you try?

    I'm gonna guess that you have two instances of excel open and you're trying to
    copy|paste between instances.

    Try closing one of the workbooks, then use the other instance of excel to do
    File|Open.

    Then try the copy|paste.

    If this isn't close, you'll want to post more details.