How do I set up a template & database with Excel 2000/03?

  1. #1
    MissouriRiceFarmer
    Guest

    How do I set up a template & database with Excel 2000/03?

    I am a farmer who uses Excel to record large amounts of information. I have
    a worksheet that I use to record crop types and yield information onto.
    How/Can I create a template of this sheet(their will actually be several
    copies in the workbook for all the different fields/farms and years) and have
    certain info from each sheet recorded into a database that I can access when
    needed, to view historical trends.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a template & database with Excel 2000/03?

    That sounds like an application that would much better be built in Access.
    Do you have Access?
    You might want to read this article. While it's about VBA, the "Which
    application to use" part might give you some insight:
    http://www.officearticles.com/misc/p...plications.htm

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    "MissouriRiceFarmer" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MissouriRiceFarmer
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a template & database with Excel 2000/03?

    I do have Access, but I need Excel to run the calculations from all the
    information I enter. Any thoughts? Thanks

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a template & database with Excel 2000/03?

    Access is more than capable of running any calculations you're performing in
    Excel.
    If you'd like to email me at my first name at the first website below my
    name, I'll be more than happy to try to give you some guidance. I have also
    been known to create quickie databases, too.
    I truly think if you want to see history for multiple items and multiple
    timeframes, you're going to be much better off with Access. Others here who
    know how to program Excel may disagree, but I don't believe in programming
    something that doesn't need to be. If you do send the files, please
    remind me that you're the farmer.