I have spaces following names in my cell, how do I delete them?

  1. #1
    LostandConfused
    Guest

    I have spaces following names in my cell, how do I delete them?

    I have around 1000 rows with names in each cell. There appears to be extra
    spaces following each name. How can I easily delte all these spaces without
    backspacing each one?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: I have spaces following names in my cell, how do I delete them?

    You can run this macro

    on how to install macros

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ll.htm#install

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    Portland, Oregon

    "LostandConfused" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    pinmaster
    Guest

    RE: I have spaces following names in my cell, how do I delete them?

    Try this:

    Select your data, next go to Data/Text to columns, select "Fixed width" and
    hit "Finish"

    HTH
    Jean-Guy